Different Choices Transition Fair
For Students with IEPs, 504s and Mental Health Conditions
Welcome to Different Choices 2022, the virtual college and career fair for students with IEPs, 504s and who may struggle with mental health conditions. The annual event is designed to prepare current students, recent grads and other young people from 15-20 with differences for a successful transition to jobs, college and more. The fair also welcomes families, educators and mental health professionals supporting a successful transition.
This year’s fair will kick-off with a college and career showcase on Saturday, Sept, 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The day will also include:
- how-to workshops
- information on academic, financial and training resources
Attendance is free, but registration will be required.
Register today for workshops and presentations, 1-on-1 meetings, the college and career showcase and more.
Why Create Different Choices?
More than 19 percent of graduating high school students in the United States have a learning disability or difference and require support or accommodations (Pew Center). In addition, almost one in five students aged 6-17 has sought treatment for anxiety, depression or other mood or mental health disorders that interfere with learning and school performance (NAMI). More often than not, learning and mental health disorders occur together.
The fair will help students better prepare themselves to complete college and/or begin a rewarding career.
Who Should Attend?
- High school students preparing to graduate in the next one to three years
- Parents, caregivers or guardians looking for ways to support their student’s successful transition from high school
- High school educators providing support to students with learning and mental health differences
- Mental health professionals working with high school students
- College-level educators preparing to work with students with LD and social-emotional challenges
Register today. Some workshops and presentations are nearly full.
Consider Becoming a Sponsor
Support this very special and much-needed event. Learn more about our exhibitor showcase.
Visit the Different Choices website for more about this unique college and career fair and to find information and resources on transitioning from high school.