Different Choices Transition Fair
For Students with IEPs, 504s and/or Mental Health Challenges
Welcome to Different Choices 2022, the Virtual College and Career Fair for Students with IEPs, 504s and/or Mental Health Challenges. The annual event, begun in 2021, is designed to prepare students with challenges for a successful transition to the next step after high school.
This year’s fair will kick-off with a college and career showcase on Saturday, Sept, 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The day will also include:
- how-to workshops
- information on academic, financial and training resources
More presentations, workshops and on-demand programming will follow from 5:00-9:00 p.m. on Tues., Sept 27 and Wed., Sept 28th.
Attendance is free, but registration will be required.
Preregister today and be the first to learn about and sign up for workshops and presentations before the general public.
Why Create Different Choices?
More than 19 percent of graduating high school students in the United States have a learning disability or difference and require support or accommodations (Pew Center). In addition, almost one in five students aged 6-17 has sought treatment for anxiety, depression or other mood or mental health disorders that interfere with learning and school performance (NAMI). More often than not, learning and mental health disorders occur together.
The fair will help students better prepare themselves to complete college and/or begin a rewarding career.
Who Should Attend?
- High school students preparing to graduate in the next one to three years
- Parents, caregivers or guardians looking for ways to support their student’s successful transition from high school
- High school educators providing support to students with learning and mental health differences
- Mental health professionals working with high school students
- College-level educators preparing to work with students with LD and social-emotional challenges
Preregister today. Some workshops and presentations will fill quickly.
Consider Becoming a Sponsor
Support this very special and much-needed event.
Visit the Different Choices website for more about this unique college and career fair and to find information and resources on transitioning from high school.