Schools for Children, Inc. offers a rewarding workplace for those interested in a broad range of careers in education from teaching to counseling to administration and more. A diverse workforce with a variety of talents and perspectives, we share a commitment to the dignity of every student and the idea that the best learning is never one-size-fits-all.
We offer a competitive compensation package, a lively group of colleagues, and opportunities to make a real impact in the lives of students and our communities.
Schools for Children Is an EOE/AA employer.
Schools for Children does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information or disability in admission to, access to, employment in or treatment in its schools and programs. Schools for Children is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workplace. The school system’s educational philosophy and personnel goals, including the goal of equal employment opportunity, will be considered in filling all positions.
We currently have no openings at our headquarters in Winchester, Mass., but please check below for employment opportunities at our schools and programs:
Dearborn STEP assessment, Newton, Mass.: Various positions, including High School Teacher
Dearborn Academy, Newton, Mass.: Various positions, including Assistant Teacher
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, Mass.: Various positions, including Preschool/PreK Teacher
Information Technology Specialist
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Schools for Children is seeking a Specialist for the Information Technology Department. The candidate will manage, maintain and coordinate the administration of network and desktop systems under the supervision of the IT Director. Work is normally performed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday–Friday. The Specialist will work 40 hours per week. Driving is required since there are five (5) locations that require support.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Create network and system diagrams.
- Manage Meraki switches
- Manage Sonicwall firewalls
- Manage Meraki Access Points
- Manage 1 Microsoft Lenovo Servers and 5 Mac Servers
- Support IT Service Management activities
- Create documentation support
- Manage ticket systems
- Manage files systems on websites
- Support all Apple Devices (Macbook pros, iPads, iMacs)
- Manage a FileMaker Database
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s from a two-year college or technical school preferred and one to two-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background in computer science or a related area or equivalent
Primary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Providing technical support to onsite and remote staff.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software to support issues PC and for mac products.
- Triage, prioritize and document support requests.
- Build, repair, update and deploy technology solutions for users.
- Support academic and classroom technology.
- Support peripheral technology (including printers, phones, copiers, document cameras and scanners).
- Support mobile device management solutions for iPads, Chromebooks and smartphones.
- Support desktop solutions (PC and macOS).
- Support network devices like sonicwalls, meraki switches and AP.
- Support all online testing.
- Maintain audio/visual equipment and assist with all setup as needed.
- Assist with technology planning, policy development, procedures, knowledge base, and documentation systems.
- Assist the IT Director with technology projects and tasks as necessary.
- Assist on the development of the FileMaker solution for the schools.
- Knowledge of the deployment and operations of local area networks
- Experience working with FileMaker preferred
- Experience working with a variety of technology and applications
- Previous experience working with teachers preferred
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task with skills to work remotely.
- Must be able to diagnose, research, and follow through with solutions for technical issues efficiently.
- Must possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Must have strong skills managing providers and follow procedures for troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing, using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficiency in Meraki switching
- Proficiency on Active Directory
- Proficiency on Windows Server, Windows 10
- Proficiency on Mac Server, Apple Open Directory, iOS and OS
- Proficiency on wireless networks with Meraki AP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work
- Ability to be a team player, remain flexible and to work effectively in a diverse workforce
- Ability to talk to providers and build relationships that benefit the support of our systems
- Submit a Resume
- Include a letter of introduction
- Provide three (3) references
Please send your application to or for more information: Jorge Gonzalez, 781.738.1888, Director of Technology, Schools for Children, 8 Winchester Place Suite 202. Winchester, MA 01890