Schools for Children periodically has short-term opportunities available that are limited in scope and project specific. We are currently seeking such temporary support.
Digital Communications Assistant
Start date: Immediate
About the Position
Schools for Children is a private nonprofit that operates three schools for students with special needs, three before and after school programs, and a PreK-Grade 8 independent school. Located in Greater Boston, our schools and programs are recognized for curricula that meld academic achievement, social-emotional development, and respect for inclusion and equity.
We seek a part-time (average of 32-35 hours per month) socially-conscious Digital Communications Assistant to support the organization’s efforts to raise the profile of our programs and promote educational equity. We hope to fill this three-month contract position in September 2023 with the option to extend the position for at least another six months. The position is fully remote.
The Digital Communications Assistant will create consistent, fresh and timely social media, email and website content that makes an impact, builds meaningful connections across our issues and campaigns, encourages engagement and advances our organizational priorities. All of this work will be done in concert with the Marketing Specialist and Advancement Virtual Assistant.
This includes but is not limited to:
Data collection, creation and analysis
- Reviewing current and creating effective digital engagement strategies with an initial focus on lead generation specifically for eNews and student referral subscriber growth
- Researching effective social media management tools and analytics platforms to measure engagement and track performance
- Leveraging data and analytics, including setting up and monitoring those for social, to measure the effectiveness of our digital program and inform communication strategies
- Producing reports and updates on the impact of our digital communications for staff and volunteers.
- Setting up evergreen and timely social media entries using Hootesuite, et al
- Creating social media strategy and content, including for campaigns
- Creating Google and Meta ads
- Providing email and web content, as needed
Experience and Qualifications
- At least two (2) years experience focusing on subscriber growth for email and mailing lists
- Creating new and optimizing current email/mail lists
- Identifying and segmenting audiences for the purpose of providing targeted content
- At least two (2) years experience creating social media and other digital communications content for lead generation and issue-advocacy
- Good writing and copy-editing skills, as well as the ability to identify and seize opportunities to insert educational equity issues into others’ social feeds
- Self-motivation and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and audiences
- A BA/BS degree or job-relevant experience in marketing, communications or related field
- Bilingual Spanish-English a plus
How to Apply
Please send a letter and resume to Denise Moorehead, email@example.com. Describe your database experience and why you think you’d be a good candidate. Two references are required. $30 per hour