Seaport Academy is a small, private school for boys serving students in grades 8-12 with emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities. We offer an exciting, flexible workplace, small groups of students, a high degree of academic freedom, opportunity to plan hands-on and individualized activities, and a beautiful setting on the water in Chelsea (along with the standard benefits).
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Alex Tsonas, Program Director
Special Education/History Teacher
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Seaport academy is seeking a qualified history teacher with middle or high school level special education experience. This position also teaches a range of electives and learning institutes and serves as an academic advisor. Seaport Academy teachers are 10-month employees.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to individualize instruction for students at many different levels
- Has a solid background in special education
- Is able to plan creative, challenging, and engaging curriculum
- Is creative, flexible and able to relate to challenging students
- Maintains high expectations for studentsIs willing to plan and participate in a variety of activities and field trips
- Is highly organized
- Delivers required reports on time
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
Mass. Special Education certification required; CORI/ SAFIS checks required.
Seaport Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Seaport Academy is a program of Schools for Children, Inc., a nonprofit educational organization based in Winchester, Mass.