Assistant Event Coordinator, Temporary P-T
Start date: on or about July 15, 2021
About the Position
Schools for Children Inc, seeks an assistant event coordinator (remote) for an average of three days a week for approximately 3 hours a day, starting in mid-July 2021 through the end of August with the option of an additional eight weeks through the end of October to assist in the production of a 4-day virtual event for students with learning challenges.
The Coordinator will provide support for our team of staff and volunteers and serve a key role in helping to coordinate different components of event production – program content, marketing, tech, exhibitors and more. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to expand their event production resume, enhance their project management skills, and gain skills in different aspects of event production, marketing and programming. It could also be a good fit for an experienced or even retired producer looking for a part-time limited opportunity.
- Researching potential speakers and presenters, assisting with booking, and preparing short briefs and bios
- Working with exhibitors seeking to participate in this event and providing customer service to exhibitors as needed
- Providing communications triage for the production team
- Attending bi-weekly production meetings and group meetings as needed
- Providing creative ideas and support for social media and marketing efforts
- Providing creative ideas and support for the production team
- Managing the production and meeting schedule, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, and taking notes in meetings
This is a temporary part-time, hourly position. The hourly rate is $30/hour. This position does not include benefits.
Qualities and Experience
We are interested in the following attributes and qualifications:
- Focused and highly organized
- Excellent writing skills (English, Spanish is a plus)
- Previous experience as part of an event organizing team for at least two significant events
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Collaborative, creative problem solver, and good with people
- Comfortable and confident around tools such as Google, Zoom, Hubspot CRM, email marketing tools, collaborative project management tools, social media tools, metrics, etc.
- Prior experience supporting the management of events
- Project management
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and audiences
- BA/BS degree. Significant event production experience may be substituted for a college degree.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by providing a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Denise Moorehead, email@example.com, or 781.608.4608
In your letter, please describe your experience working on events and why you think you’d be a good candidate. We also request three writing samples of marketing work – blog posts, social media threads, or exhibitor communications preferred. References required.